Who am I?
I am a Singaporean girl who believes strongly that the best way to good health lies in eating an unprocessed diet. I started adhering to a paleo diet only quite recently in May 2013.
What are paleo principles?
Essentially, the paleo approach to health is primarily about the food we eat. It boils down to avoiding grains, sugars and modern vegetable oils in favour of high-quality meat, fish, eggs, and vegetables. This is a good resource. So is this. Other aspects of the paleo lifestyle include the way we approach exercise, the products we use on our bodies and the way we sleep.
What is your diet like?
Like with all “diets” there will be restrictions. I try to follow the paleo diet 80% of the time and the other 20% I loosen up and eat whatever I want. I eat a lot of fresh vegetables, fruits and fish on a regular day. I am not a fan of consuming a huge amount of meat and fat like some low carbers do because I don’t like the taste. I also consume dairy, mostly in the form of yoghurt. I avoid grains, white sugar and industrialised vegetable oils.
I have a weakness for Peranakan and local desserts, such as pulut hitam and tau sar piah.
Why start this blog?
It’s not easy to eat paleo in Singapore, the land of delicious roti prata and char kway teow. I want to document my strategies for living a paleo lifestyle here and hopefully, this will help other primal eaters in Singapore!
What do you write about?
I write about food and fitness, mainly. Sometimes I will write about vain topics such as wearing the right clothes for exercising and wearing makeup while sweating.