I love December. It’s my favourite month of the year. We have Christmas and New Year is just round the corner. Work slows down. Everyone becomes more relaxed. It is also a time for pigging out on cakes, cookies and sweets galore.
I’ll be away for most of Christmas this year in Taiwan hiking in Taroko Gorge (yay!) but I have one or two parties to attend. What better way to introduce people to your fantastic paleo diet then baking some yummy goodies for them?
This year, I’m planning to bake at least one of these paleo goodies. Click on the title for the link to the recipes!
This is a recipe by Elana’s Pantry and uses almond flour as the base.
Continue reading Paleo goodies for Christmas
Having experimented with paleo baking for a few months now, I must say it has been tedious trying to get ingredients. I’ve scoured the island and this is what I’ve found. I don’t use all of the ingredients listed below because it’s too complicated but I’ve seen them pop up often in paleo recipes:
- Coconut flour – replacement for wheat
- Almond/or any nut flour – replacement for wheat
- Gelatine – helps hold baked goods together because there is no gluten in the flours
- Arrowroot powder – thickener from a starchy tuber, used for sauces and to make almond flour products lighter
For moisture and taste
- Coconut oil – to add moisture
- Coconut milk and cream – replacement for dairy
- Almond milk – replacement for dairy